How do I form and register a local limited company in Hong Kong?


You have to choose the company type and a company name first. In choosing a company name, please refer to the Companies Registry’s Guideline on Registration of Company Names for Hong Kong Companies (pdf format) and the frequently asked questions relating to Company Name on this website for details.

Then, you have to deliver the application documents with the correct fees either electronically through the Registry’s electronic service portal “e-Registry” or in hard copy form to the Shroff on the 14th floor of the Queensway Government Offices. The application documents include:


a) Incorporation Form – Form NNC1 (for company limited by shares) or Form NNC1G (for company not limited by shares);
b) A copy of the company’s articles of association (See Q4); and
c) A Notice to Business Registration Office (IRBR1)


Please also refer to the information pamphlet on Incorporation of a Local Limited Company (pdf format) when preparing the above documents.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.